Union City Teeth Whitening
We Care About Your Smile
Over time, tooth enamel wears down, which causes teeth to become discolored and stained. If you are concerned about your teeth being yellow, our Union City teeth whitening can help you restore your teeth to a brighter, healthier state.
At Hanna Dental Group, we offer two types of whitening options: in-office high-concentration peroxide treatments and take-home whitening kits. Our in-office treatments provide the fastest results, with the procedure being completed usually within an hour. The at-home whitening kits also produce great results, but usually after wearing the trays for several days. This is due to the strength of the peroxide gel being lower than the in-office solution.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
One of the foremost concerns for our patients is the safety of teeth whitening. Let us be the first to put your mind at ease. Teeth whitening treatments that are prescribed by a dentist are completely safe both for your teeth’s enamel and your health.
Some patients do experience mild side effects. The two most common side effects include a temporary increase in tooth sensitivity and mild irritation of the gums and other soft tissues in the mouth. If your teeth are naturally sensitive, your dentist may choose to treat them with fluoride before the whitening treatment.
Benefits of In-Office vs. Store-Bought Teeth Whitening
You have probably noticed several types of teeth whitening products in the oral hygiene section of your local supermarket. For the best and safest results, we would recommend leaving your teeth in the care of our Union City teeth whitening professional.
There are several benefits of professional teeth whitening, including:
- We can achieve brighter results
- Our treatments are customized to your mouth
- We provide patient education
- Our treatments whiten teeth faster
- We help teeth stay whiter longer
- Our treatments are more thorough
- Our whitening solutions are safer and more comfortable
Common Causes of Tooth Discoloration
One of the other benefits of professional teeth whitening is that your dentist can discuss your daily habits with you to determine what is causing your tooth discoloration.
Some of the common causes of tooth discoloration include:
- Getting older: Your teeth contain a yellow, porous core called dentin. As you get older, the dentin grows while your enamel wears down. This can cause your teeth to appear darker and more yellow in color.
- What you eat and drink: Some of the biggest contributors to tooth discoloration are what we drink. Many of our favorites, such as dark sodas, coffee, tea, and wine, are large contributors to tooth stains. Additionally, if you have a diet high in starchy foods, this can lead to tooth discoloration. Lastly, if you eat a lot of fruits, the citric acid within them is strong enough to wear down your teeth's enamel.
- Poor oral hygiene: It's important that you brush and floss your teeth on a daily basis. Failure to do so will result in the accumulation of plaque and tooth stains. This is also why it's important to keep up with your routine dental cleanings; at these appointments, our team helps remove plaque buildup, which is a major contributor to tooth discoloration.
- Dental health diseases: Unfortunately, there are some diseases that prohibit the proper growth of enamel and dentin, which will lead to discolored teeth.
- Tobacco usage: Tobacco is one of the most well-known contributors to stained teeth. Just think of all the anti-smoking commercials showing rotting, decayed, and yellow teeth. If you're concerned about the color of your teeth, it's best to avoid smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Medications: Unfortunately, certain treatments for other conditions can lead to tooth discoloration. If you're currently going through chemotherapy and/or radiation, this could result in the yellowing of your teeth. Additionally, many antipsychotic medications, medications used to treat hypertension, and antihistamines are known to contribute to tooth discoloration.
For peace of mind that your Union City teeth whitening is being done right, call Hanna Dental Group at (201) 720-1471 today.
We are focused on delivering the highest caliber results to you in the most serene and comfortable way possible.
Cutting Edge Dentistry
Dr. Harvey Hanna and his team stay up to date by receiving continued education to stay ahead of the curve.
Education Is Key
In order to maintain a high level of trust, we carry out an open dialogue with our patients.
Our goal at Hanna Dental Group is to create an atmosphere of comfort and care for your dental treatment.