Union City Dental Exams & X-Rays
Helping Patients Maintain Optimal Dental Health
Routine dental exams are important in maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Additionally, they can help to avoid the financial costs associated with large treatment plans later on. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends twice-yearly checkups for people of all ages. At this frequency, most problems can be caught while they remain in an early stage. Our team at Hanna Dental Group offers comprehensive dental examinations in Union City to help you keep your dental health in good order.
Schedule a free consultation by calling our team at (201) 720-1471.
How It's Done
The dentist first examines your mouth visually, using dental equipment such as mouth mirrors, dental picks, and high-intensity lights.
We will look for cracked and decayed teeth, as well as review other important items such as:
- Medical history: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health
- Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth
- Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease
- Examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are made sure to be in good order
Additionally, your dentist will take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems, especially in the areas below the gums. Bitewing x-rays are typically taken every 12 months and a panographic x-ray, which revolves around the head, is taken every 3-5 years.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can assist you! Our Union City dentist is committed to providing the help you need.
Dental Care AS DISTINCTIVE AS YOU
We are focused on delivering the highest caliber results to you in the most serene and comfortable way possible.
Cutting Edge Dentistry
Dr. Harvey Hanna and his team stay up to date by receiving continued education to stay ahead of the curve.
Education Is Key
In order to maintain a high level of trust, we carry out an open dialogue with our patients.
Our goal at Hanna Dental Group is to create an atmosphere of comfort and care for your dental treatment.