Union City Tooth Extractions
A dental extraction is a procedure that removes a damaged or decayed tooth from your mouth. This service is most commonly required if one of your teeth is damaged beyond practical repair. At Hanna Dental Group, we offer tooth extraction services in Union City to ensure that your needs are met and your health is maintained.
The most common reasons for tooth extractions include:
- Severe tooth decay or infection that makes it impossible or too costly to repair a tooth
- Advanced gum disease that results in a tooth needing to be pulled so it doesn’t affect the supporting tissues and bone structures of your mouth
- A tooth is blocking other teeth from coming in
- Orthodontic work that necessitates teeth being extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place
- Wisdom teeth causing shifting or spacing issues
What to Expect
Your dentist will first administer anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort. During the extraction, you will feel the pressure of the tooth being removed but will not feel any pain. Typically, the dentist is able to remove your tooth within a matter of minutes.
Immediately after the tooth extraction, a small amount of bleeding is normal, and a patch of gauze will be placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next 24 hours or so and taper off after that. Follow your dentist's instructions on how often to change the gauze, and what other post-procedure steps to follow.
We are focused on delivering the highest caliber results to you in the most serene and comfortable way possible.
Cutting Edge Dentistry
Dr. Harvey Hanna and his team stay up to date by receiving continued education to stay ahead of the curve.
Education Is Key
In order to maintain a high level of trust, we carry out an open dialogue with our patients.
Our goal at Hanna Dental Group is to create an atmosphere of comfort and care for your dental treatment.